Dec. 28, 2020
- Completes mechanical assembly, wiring, computer setup, calibration, testing, and certification of laboratory equipment.
- Promotes potential new instrument sales when with customers and distributors.
- Performs onsite installation, repairs, servicing, and customer training on instruments.
- Participates in international distributor trainings. Travels as required.
- Performs inspections and evaluation on incoming and outgoing instrument components, parts and computer automated equipment.
- Interface with customers and distributors on the phone and in person.
- Troubleshoot problem areas associated with the systems and offer resolutions.
- Manages assigned research projects and maintains associated technical documentation.
- Participates in design and development of new instruments and upgrades when needed.
- Completes purchase order requisitions to obtain necessary products for customer orders and necessary lab supplies.
- Implements pertinent Quality System activities according to documented procedures to assure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Participate in best practices for safety relating to this position and those required by the company.
- Good dexterity and hand skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic with the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities efficiently.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to troubleshoot, with and without schematics, in person and over phone.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required, along with obtaining a passport, and possible compliance with a country/airline testing and vaccine requirements.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
Minimum of an Associate Degree (or on-the-job experience equivalent) and experience with electrical, mechanical, electronic, hands-on and/or computer-related activities.
Lifting up to 50 lbs.
Use of hand and power tools
Exposure to chemicals
Indoor work with environmental controls
Fast paced environment
Travel: 25% to 35% annually (international and domestic)
How to Apply
Please reply with resume, references and salary history to:
The Savant Group
Attn: Human Resources
4800 James Savage Rd.
Midland, MI 48642