Tannas Company and King Refrigeration
Tannas Company was founded in 1981 to serve the oil and energy industries. For nearly 40 years, Tannas has been designing and manufacturing innovative bench-top laboratory instruments for routine quality control testing and advancing the research & development of engine oils, lubricants, and related materials. King Refrigeration, Inc. specializes in low-temperature laboratory instruments for routine and research testing of engine oils, lubricants, and related fluids. Products are developed using proven techniques that allow for simple to use, reliable, and efficient operation.
July 21, 2021
The Instrument Specialist position applies detailed knowledge of laboratory testing and instrument performance activities for certification and delivery; and involves global travel and instrument training.
- Completes mechanical assembly, wiring, computer setup, calibration, testing, and certification of laboratory equipment.
- Promotes potential new instrument sales when with customers and distributors.
- Performs onsite installation, repairs, servicing, and customer training on instruments.
- Participates in international distributor trainings. Travels as required.
- Performs inspections and evaluation on incoming and outgoing instrument components, parts and computer automated equipment.
- Interface with customers and distributors on the phone and in person.
- Troubleshoot problem areas associated with the systems and offer resolutions.
- Manages assigned research projects and maintains associated technical documentation.
- Participates in design and development of new instruments and upgrades when needed.
- Completes purchase order requisitions to obtain necessary products for customer orders and necessary lab supplies.
- Implements pertinent Quality System activities according to documented procedures to assure compliance and continuous improvement.
- Participate in best practices for safety relating to this position and those required by the company.
- Good dexterity and hand skills.
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic with the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities efficiently.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor.
- Ability to troubleshoot, with and without schematics, in person and over phone.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required, along with obtaining a passport, and possible compliance with a country/airline testing and vaccine requirements.
- Valid driver’s license is required.
- Minimum of an Associate Degree (or on-the-job experience equivalent) and experience with electrical, mechanical, electronic, hands-on and/or computer-related activities.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Exposure to chemicals
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment
- Travel: 25% to 35% annually (international and domestic)