Tannas Co. is committed to designing, manufacturing, and servicing the finest laboratory instruments available for characterizing and understanding the properties and behavior of today's fluids and lubricants. All instruments manufactured by Tannas are laboratory tested and certified prior to delivery to our customers. On-site installation and customer training is provided with each instrument and is conducted by a Tannas Certified Engineer. Many of our patented instruments are required for meeting international specifications for lubricant testing.
Tannas was founded in 1981 and is a member of The Savant Group of companies.
Instrument Technician I, Tannas Company
Jan. 6, 2020
It is the responsibility of the Testing Instrument Technician to perform appropriate testing methods and follow standard operating procedures to test and certify Tannas and King instrumentation. Troubleshooting instrumentation and electrical problems and maintenance of equipment may also be necessary.
- Perform wiring and computer setup associated with the assembly, calibration, testing, and certification of precision instruments
- Evaluate instrument operation and interpret test results
- Work with team members to troubleshoot technical issues on instruments
- Perform inspections on in-coming instrument components and troubleshoot problem areas
- Prepare and package spare parts and accessories
- Maintain databooks and records
- Participate in routine packing, shipping, maintenance and cleanup activities
- Demonstrate a total commitment to creating and maintaining a safe work environment
- Exhibit conduct in alignment with Savant Group Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Work with leadership to identify and pursue professional growth opportunities
- Good dexterity and hand skills
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Self-starter, strong work ethic with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities efficiently
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration
- Two-year degree in machining, electronics or related field or equivalent experience.
- Mechanical aptitude with knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation.
- Knowledge of and familiarity with electronics, tooling, machining and computers.
How to Apply
Please reply with resume, references and salary history to:
The Savant Group
Attn: Human Resources
4800 James Savage Rd.
Midland, MI 48642