The Savant Group is a consortium of internationally recognized companies located in Midland, Michigan, serving the lubrication, transportation, manufacturing, and energy industries. Our group of companies include Savant Labs, Tannas Company, King Refrigeration, Excell Manufacturing, and Institute of Materials. We are unique to our industry as each company offers a different product or service while working together to provide our customers with the best, most innovative solutions to their problems.
The multidisciplinary expertise provided by the Savant Group of companies enables customers to evaluate performance, monitor quality, perform R&D, and develop innovative solutions for the technical advancement of lubricants, fuels, and related fluids. Our companies continue to grow strong while remaining committed to providing an expanding line of products and services to an increasing customer base around the world.
IT Support Technician
Feb. 16, 2021
This entry level, part-time (30 hours), IT Support Technician position will provide fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems, software, phones, and printers. In this role you will answer questions on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them. Good technical knowledge and being able to communicate is required to effectively understand the problem and explain its solution.
- Serve as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone, email, messaging or in person.
- Perform remote and/or local troubleshooting.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Record issues and their solutions in the ticketing system.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures.
- Experience as an IT Support Technician or other customer support role.
- Working knowledge of office automation products, databases, and remote control.
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and printers.
- Ability to diagnose and resolve basic technical issues.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Some college courses or applicable training in basic computer troubleshooting.
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Work Schedule: 30 hours a week
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment
How to Apply
Please reply with resume, references, and salary history to:
Attn: Human Resources
4800 James Savage Rd.
Midland, MI 48642