Savant Labs is world-class independent laboratory and research center offering standardized and custom-designed lubrication specification testing. To ensure that all measures of quality and precision are achieved, Savant Labs is a registered ISO 9001:2015 company and actively participates in several industry validation programs.
Lab Technician I
Feb. 15, 2021
This position is entry level and applies a basic level of knowledge for laboratory testing and instrument performance activities to determine chemical and physical characteristics of lubricants and petroleum related materials for such purposes as customer reporting, product or process quality control, product development and test method development.
- Set up, operate, calibrate, and maintain laboratory equipment and instruments according to defined schedules and procedures. Includes use of references in analysis, control charts and instrument logbooks.
- For assigned test ownership, the employee will lead efforts to implement and maintain Quality System procedures such as writing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and contribute to process improvements.
- Record test results in line with method and SOP requirements using standardized forms, laboratory logbooks and/or written reports as applicable.
- Highlight and document modifications to standard testing or unusual observations and material behaviors.
- Support approved modifications of instruments or testing environments.
- Perform duties in a manner that complies with safety and code of conduct policies.
- Participate in Quality Management Program and ISO initiatives, including process improvements, procedure documentation, and training.
- Serve as primary and/or back-up analyst on assigned testing.
- Provide support as needed to team members to ensure timely and accurate results delivery.
- Positively contribute to operational goals and measurable objectives on a consistent basis.
- Promote good housekeeping practices in the laboratory including timely clean-up of test areas and apparatus.
- Maintaining adequate chemical and test material stock levels.
- Provide written procedures and reports when required.
- Communicate and work directly with management and work teams.
- Familiarity with general laboratory equipment and environment such as glassware, fume hoods, chemical handling, and storage practices.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to recognize, troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter, and strong work ethics.
- Good laboratory hands-on skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities efficiently.
- Foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office products essential.
- Minimum of an Associate degree in science and/or related experience in a lab testing environment.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 10 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Exposure to chemicals
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment
How to Apply
Please reply with resume, references, and salary history to:
Attn: Human Resources
4800 James Savage Rd.
Midland, MI 48642