Excell Manufacturing, Inc. is a manufacturing company specializing in precision machined component parts used in high-end instruments and equipment. With over three decades of experience between our master craftsmen, journeymen, and expert machinists, we pride ourselves in delivering a full range of services including designing, CNC milling, turning, boring, and custom batch production of both metal and plastic components. Delivering outstanding accuracy, repeatability, and an exceptional level of customer service, Excell places quality at the center of everything we do.
July 19, 2023
The Machinist is responsible for the set-up and operations of the CNC and/or Lath machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. It is their responsibility to ensure final product meets customer’s expectations. The operator relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Understand the process and individual machine operating parameters adequately to produce quality products
- Setup and operate production machinery safely and in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
- Adjust machine settings to complete tasks accurately
- Operate equipment in accordance with company policy and procedure
- Load and unload product into the machine and then package product as necessary
- Monitor the machine operations to see that the finished product and components meet quality standards
- Maximize machine utilization by adhering to standards of operation
- Use gauges and measuring instruments on finished products to ensure product meets tolerance requirements
- Deburring as needed
- Complete all required documentation
- Programming and preparing equipment for the next production run
- Perform basic maintenance, change tooling, and regular cleaning of the machines
- Identifying opportunities to improvement the manufacturing process
- Ensures work area and equipment are safe, clean, and organized
- Must have experience operating manufacturing equipment
- Experience operating a Haas Vertical Machine Center is preferred
- Ability to read and understand procedures and machinery instructions
- Reading blueprints and job orders
- Strong math skills
- Preventative maintenance and changing tooling experience
- Ability to recognize the quality of material or product
- Mechanical troubleshooting skills
- Operating hand and power tools
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Ability to use basic measuring devices
- Proficient in shop mathematics and layout techniques
- Proficient use of measuring instruments such as micrometers, height gauges, etc.
- Basic written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to update production and maintenance records
- Ability to identify safety issues in work area, and equipment malfunctions
- Excellent eye-hand coordination
- Team player and goal oriented
- Looks for ways to improve productivity and department results
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities efficiently.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics, collaboration, and be flexible implementing daily work.
- Has a safety first mind-set
- Two-year trade degree or certification in machining or equivalent experience
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment