Tannas Company and King Refrigeration
Tannas Company was founded in 1981 to serve the oil and energy industries. For nearly 40 years, Tannas has been designing and manufacturing innovative bench-top laboratory instruments for routine quality control testing and advancing the research & development of engine oils, lubricants, and related materials. King Refrigeration, Inc. specializes in low-temperature laboratory instruments for routine and research testing of engine oils, lubricants, and related fluids. Products are developed using proven techniques that allow for simple to use, reliable, and efficient operation.
Jan. 12, 2022
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work within the technical development team to support development and design of new/improved test instruments. The Mechanical Designer will work closely with product engineers to refine and standardize mechanical drawings for new or revised parts and assemblies, manage drawing files and revisions, and facilitate the transfer process from development to production. Focus is mainly mechanical but also includes some electrical schematics and management of drawing revisions on established products. In addition to demonstrated proficiency in machine or mechanical design principles and current CAD (2D and 3D) tools, the candidate should demonstrate good communication skills, high attention to detail, and ability to work across functional boundaries.
- Develop and maintain detailed drawings for both new and historic designs
- Update drawings and associated documentation (both mechanical and electrical) while processing formal Change Requests
- Work with other functional areas (i.e., Sales, Manufacturing, or Assembly) to recommend design enhancements including changes for manufacturability or reduced costs
- Support Engineering in the development of safe, high-quality instruments
- Support development and oversight of file management system for all released drawings
- Support procurement with addition of new or modified parts to the Global Shop ERP system
- Learn and stay abreast of how the instruments in development are built and will function as a whole
- Minimum 5 years of experience with CAD drafting, Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Exposure to and understanding of PDM or PLM software is preferred
- Ability to make basic changes in 2D AutoCAD
- Understand GD&T and its implementation in accordance with ANSI Y14.5
- Experience with design of assemblies and evaluation of tolerance stack up
- Knowledge of common machine tool capabilities and industrial manufacturing processes
- Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to translate ideas to drawings that can be readily used for machining or manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills, especially in listening, willingness to ask clarifying questions and ability to integrate feedback and ideas from multiple functions
- Tolerance for completing administrative functions, such as electronic file management, capturing and communicating detailed parts specification information
- Ability to work independently
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Associates degree or equivalent in a mechanical design or mechanical engineering technology based program preferred.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment