Tannas Company and King Refrigeration
Tannas Company was founded in 1981 to serve the oil and energy industries. For nearly 40 years, Tannas has been designing and manufacturing innovative bench-top laboratory instruments for routine quality control testing and advancing the research & development of engine oils, lubricants, and related materials. King Refrigeration, Inc. specializes in low-temperature laboratory instruments for routine and research testing of engine oils, lubricants, and related fluids. Products are developed using proven techniques that allow for simple to use, reliable, and efficient operation.
July 28, 2023
- Conduct multiple research and/or design projects.
- Prepare and maintain Project Charters (deliverables/goals).
- Complete mechanical designs in a 3D CAD environment.
- Create and maintain 2D fabrication prints that conform to drawing standards, consider tolerancing, etc.
- Develop low-cost prototypes, perform testing, analyze data, and evolve designs all the way through product launch.
- Propose and implement means of modernizing and automating instruments.
- Create and maintain instrument system and subsystem specification documents.
- Determine control requirements and partner with electrical engineers and programmers to enable embedded microprocessor control of instrument subsystems.
- Collaborate with production, machine shop, and lab personnel to ensure manufacturability, operations and service features are incorporated into designs.
- Maintain project data books and records.
- Provide project updates and write project reports and technical papers.
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Ability to prototype and troubleshoot mechanical designs.
- Strong hands-on ability to build, test, and refine designs is required.
- Knowledge of machining operations and fabrication methods is preferred
- Working knowledge and experience with additive manufacturing methods is strongly preferred.
- Experience with electronics, data acquisition, and control is an advantage.
- Technical expertise necessary to bring creative and innovative solutions to difficult problems.
- Ensures the delivery of high-quality work and processes.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic with the ability to deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Exposure to chemicals
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment