Tannas Co. is committed to designing, manufacturing, and servicing the finest laboratory instruments available for characterizing and understanding the properties and behavior of today's fluids and lubricants. All instruments manufactured by Tannas are laboratory tested and certified prior to delivery to our customers. On-site installation and customer training is provided with each instrument and is conducted by a Tannas Certified Engineer. Many of our patented instruments are required for meeting international specifications for lubricant testing. Tannas was founded in 1981 and is a member of The Savant Group of companies.
Parts Assembly Technician
Jan. 14, 2021
This entry level, part-time, position is an interactive job focused on general technical abilities intertwined with administrative responsibilities. The Spare Parts Assembly Technician will assemble components in a timely and safe manner conforming to all quality standards to satisfy customer requirements. May also be described as spare parts coordinator; staff in this department could be used in other areas that individual has been cross trained in such as packaging or oil pouring.
- Reads and follows work instructions and schematics (where applicable), follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instruction regarding duties to be performed.
- Check parts for quality according to prints, pull parts, assemble parts, test parts.
- Conforms to all quality standards, identifies quality issues and routes non-conforming products according to ISO 9001 guidelines.
- Performs basic manufacturing, testing, troubleshooting and packaging activities.
- Works within time constraints; understands the sense of urgency; handles multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Works cooperatively with team members, engineers, supervisors and managers.
- Keeps work center area clean and orderly.
- Complies with all environmental health and safety, quality and regulatory policies and procedures.
- May be responsible for the upkeep of the ISO Instrument Calibration Records.
- Able to follow standard operating procedures and policies.
- Knowledgeable of general practices and technology.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn and grow.
- High School Diploma.
- Knowledge, skill and ability to perform each essential duty successfully.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the use of hand and electric tools.
- Proficiency with using precision measuring instruments.
- Ability to solder components.
- Attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with leadership and co-workers.
- Exhibits good oral and written communication skills and professional demeanor.
- Patience and the ability to communicate while adapting to diverse group activity.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
How to Apply
Please reply with resume, references and salary history to:
The Savant Group
Attn: Human Resources
4800 James Savage Rd.
Midland, MI 48642