Tannas Company and King Refrigeration
Dec. 29, 2021
Reports directly to Senior Operations Manager and works closely with the Supply Chain & Inventory Specialist. Coordinates activities involved with procuring goods and services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, and travel. The Purchasing Assistant obtains materials and parts necessary for the operation of Tannas Company and King Refrigeration through approved vendors by issuing purchase orders and expediting their on-time arrival. May research and recommend other vendors in an effort to improve quality and/or save on cost. Serves as a liaison with vendors and Tannas inter-company department representatives, along with performing general administrative/clerical activities as needed.
- Purchase products and services based on requisitions, re-order levels, and lead times.
- Consults with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, alternate products if needed, and delivery schedule.
- Determine method of procurement such as direct purchase or bid.
- Prepare purchase orders or request for quotes.
- Review quotes and negotiates prices.
- Maintain procurement and inventory records.
- Expedite delivery of goods.
- Process corrective action and returns for defective or unacceptable goods or services.
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and conferences.
- Help resolve invoice discrepancies related to purchase orders.
- Receiving orders.
- Promote safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Perform administrative/clerical duties as needed.
- Back-up Order Entry Personnel as needed.
- Other duties or projects may be assigned.
- 2+ years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Knowledge, skill, and ability to perform each duty successfully.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Able to read a blueprint.
- Strong math skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, and professional demeanor.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Two-year degree in supply chain, business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Work Schedule: 40 hours a week
- Fast paced environment