The Savant Group is a consortium of internationally recognized companies located in Midland, Michigan, serving the lubrication, transportation, manufacturing, and energy industries. Our group of companies include Savant Labs, Tannas Company, King Refrigeration, Excell Manufacturing, and Institute of Materials. We are unique to our industry as each company offers a different product or service while working together to provide our customers with the best, most innovative solutions to their problems.
The multidisciplinary expertise provided by the Savant Group of companies enables customers to evaluate performance, monitor quality, perform R&D, and develop innovative solutions for the technical advancement of lubricants, fuels, and related fluids. Our companies continue to grow strong while remaining committed to providing an expanding line of products and services to an increasing customer base around the world.
Technical Sales Specialist
Aug. 3, 2023
The Technical Sales Representative responsibilities include planning, directing, and implementing global sales strategies for increasing the sales of our precision laboratory instruments, developing new markets, increasing market share, and maintaining a competitive position in the industry.
- Establishes, coordinates, and maintains global sales and servicing of product lines.
- Oversees provision of pricing and quoting to customers and/or distributors.
- Provides distributors and customers with commercial/sales training and coordinates with staff to assist with technical training.
- Schedules and participates in displays at trade shows and technical society meetings.
- Leads promotional programs that will drive product and market share.
- Evaluates competition, establishes sales forecasts, and strategically positions the company to gain market share.
- Effectively communicates with a culturally diverse cliental.
- Coordinates with distributors and/or customers in arranging domestic and international sales tours and customer visits.
- Organizes domestic and international training seminars for customers and distributors.
- Utilizing sales analytical tools to drive new business growth.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong computer skills required: Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills.
- Self-starter, strong work ethic.
- Exhibits a positive and professional demeanor.
- Strong organization, facilitation, and project management skills.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Sound business judgment and ability to handle sensitive information.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally as required, along with obtaining a passport, and possible compliance with a country/airline testing requirement.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Multi-lingual encouraged.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred or applicable technical and/or sales experience.
- Working full-time
- Computer Usage
- Lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Repetitive Motion/Dexterity
- Use of hand and power tools
- Indoor work with environmental controls
- Fast paced environment
- Travel: 25% - 50% annually (international and domestic)