Tannas Company/King Refrigeration
Tannas was founded in 1981 and is a member of The Savant Group of companies.
Repair Technician I
Sept. 25, 2019
This exciting and challenging opportunity is for a strong customer service/relations individual that is knowledgeable in the technical arena. The Service Technician must enjoy fast pace environments by troubleshooting customer request and communicating results in a timely matter.
- Establishes an in-depth knowledge of the equipment with a strong technical aptitude.
- Cleans, calibrates, inspects, disassembles, repairs and performs preventative maintenance of laboratory analytical instrumentation/equipment.
- Works directly with clients to troubleshoot, diagnose and complete repair of a wide variety of laboratory analytical equipment/instrumentation and accessories.
- Operates electronic test equipment using multi-meters and leak testers.
- Inspects, evaluates and determines necessary modifications and performs complex repairs.
- Troubleshoot, service or resolve problems.
- Records and reports abnormal function or out of tolerance conditions of equipment.
- Locates parts sources, estimates costs and submits requests for purchasing parts as required for the repair or maintenance of the equipment.
- Writes equipment, maintenance and calibration procedures.
- Other tasks as needed.
- Demonstrates to team, distributors and customers a positive, confident, reliable can-do attitude.
- Sharp attention to detail and accuracy
- Good problem-solving and data analysis skills
- Self-starter, strong work ethic
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration
- Mechanical aptitude with strong customer relations
- Culturally diverse in communicating with international customers.
- Minimum of a 2 year technical degree with equivalent experience is required.
- 5 years of experience in analytical instrumentation and/or lab experience calibrating, maintaining and repairing equipment is preferred.
- Working knowledge of computers and laboratory software.
- Basic knowledge of electrical, mechanical, electronics, computer-related activities is desired.
- Proficient in Microsoft; Word, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Ability to troubleshoot, with and without schematics, in person and over the phone
- EPA Certification for reclaiming refrigerant is needed (training will be provided, if needed)
- Must be a team player.