The Savant Group
The Savant Group is a family of dynamic growing companies located in Midland, Michigan. The companies are comprised of world-class testing and research laboratories, precision instrument manufacturers, and providers of unique technical databases. Since 1969, the Savant Group has proudly earned a reputation for excellence in innovation and customer care within the lubrication and transportation industries.
May 15, 2019
This position involves programming to develop applications that address all facets of growing technology needs. This work is in a team environment developing both internal and external customers facing applications using the latest programming languages, tools, and methodologies.
- Web application development and backend systems programming
- Rapidly develop and maintain effective and scalable code using Python
- Enhance existing applications and assist with the creation of new programs
- Write applications for instrumentation sold throughout the world
- Participates in code reviews
- Work with management to develop project plans, procedures, and analytic data as required
- Work with communications within software applications and test equipment
- Demonstrate a total commitment to creating and maintaining a safe work environment
- Exhibit conduct in alignment with Savant Group Vision, Mission and Core Values
- Work with leadership to identify and pursue professional growth opportunities
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster good team dynamics and collaboration.
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related science or equivalent experience
- Familiarization with Python web frameworks
- Working knowledge of Linux & Ngnix/Apache or similar
Optional Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with C#, .NET, PHP, and other languages
- A good understanding of command line tools and shell scripting
- Agile experience
- DevOps experience